The thing I love about my work is that I get to be on location, outdoors, with a different "canvas" for my background every time. The downside of outdoor photography is that in the winter months mean a lag in photo shoots, but honestly, that break is a good thing. It refreshes me and gives me a chance to get excited again when spring comes. I can almost smell it coming, but we still have at least a month or so of cold weather and dreary landscape, so when I saw the Scripture and a Snapshot challenge here, I thought it would be something fun to do while I wait for spring to show its pretty face.
I could describe it for you, but it would be easier to just send you here so you can read about it and hopefully give it a shot!

I had been finishing up editing a newborn shoot this morning when I got to a photo that brought scripture to mind:
This photo was the last one on the editing list, so I gave in to the temptation to play around with it. I have needed to meditate on this verse so badly lately - what Mom doesn't? We go nonstop, feeding, teaching, washing, cleaning, paying bills, volunteering..... I don't want a career change - I love being home with my kids - but I do want rest. And despite the fact that my own babies are getting older, I still don't always get the physical rest I want, so on goes the coffee grinder and on goes the day. But the spiritual rest....that's the thing I really crave. Resting in the moment of my life right now. Resting in the imperfect, the hopeful, the not so hopeful - resting because Jesus says he'll give it to me if I come to Him. No matter how old I am, I still need to crawl up onto his chest once in a while and snuggle in tight when life gets away from me.
I hope you get a chance to experience that kind of rest today!

Love it! Glad you played around with it, made me tear up a little!
ReplyDelete